Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Books I DNF'd in June


The Past and Other Dead Things:  I think if I had a friend like July come back from the dead, I would spend every waking moment trying to make her dead again.   That is all I have to say about this one.

Girls of July:  I was bored with the characters in this book.  Also, I had a hard time buying that any of the parents in the book would not check where their child was going for the entire summer.  It just wasn't realistic to me.


The Dark Lake:  I didn't connect with the main character.  I felt like Gemma's character was too much of a cliche.  You know the cop who doesn't have it together and has horrible behavior patterns like cheating?  I wasn't willing to finish the book to see her solve the mystery.

The Au Pair: I DNF' this very early one.  I didn't like the dual timelines of the story.  I found the book boring and confusing at times.  It just wasn't for me.

Recursion:  I really wanted to like this one.  I found it so confusing.  I tried the audio and had to rewind a couple of times because I kept losing the narrative.  It just didn't work for me.

Supermarket: Sometimes a random book that I haven't heard of  will pop up at my library and I take a chance. Sometimes it's a hit and someimes it's a miss.  This was a miss.  I get what the author was trying to do with this book.  However, the main character was boring.  I couldn't connect with him or with the story.


No comments: