Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

June Mini Musings


Gitchie Girl: This was a quick true crime story about the murder of four teens and the abduction and rape of a 13 year old girl.  While it was interesting at times, I found it to be a bit dry.  I found it didn't really offer much more than a wikipedia page would offer.  Still it's worth a read.

The Ash Moon: This was a random pick for me.  It ended up being OK.  I found myself rolling my eyes a lot while reading.  I found the insta-bonding, "you are mine no matter how much you don't like it"  to be cringey.  Orion was over the top.  I probably won't finish reading the series.

The Brat: I found this one to be a so-so historical romance. The couple was fairly bland with little chemistry. There was a little mystery, but even that wasn't too exciting.  I have read better from this author.

Take Me Down: This second book in the Knight Brothers series.  This one is Parker and Emily's story.  While I did think the "I love yous" came a bit quick, I did like the chemistry between the couple.  I also enjoyed their banter.  A great addition to the series.


No comments: