Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2019

September Mini Musings


Fear the Darkness:  I really enjoyed this second book in the Brigid Quinn series.  The mystery was solid and one that kept me guessing.  I was surprised by the twist in the end. The characters were a lot of fun, especially Brigid's niece.    I sill love Brigid as a main character and can't wait to read more about her.

Saint's Gate:  This  has been on my TBR for a long time.  I'm slowly getting these books off my pile.Reading this book reminded me why I love this author's books.  I love how she weaves the history of her settings into her stories.  This one is the first in a series that introduces Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan. There are 9 books out, so I have some catching up to do.  The mystery was good and I loved the romance.

A Twist of the Knife: This was another really good addition to the Brigid Quinn series.  The mystery kept me guessing.  It comes full circle in a sense because characters from the first book show up here and feature in the mystery. This is a fun series and one I highly recommend.

Shadows of the Past: When I finished this book, I just kind of felt...meh.  The mystery was OK  and kept my interest enough to finish it.  It wasn't thrilling or exciting.  I didn't care fore the romance.  The angst was dumb and unnecessary. It's a clean romance with some God reference sprinkled in.  Those felt out of place like they were thrown in just to make it a 'Christian" romance..  I may pick up  the next one if I can find it on audio.

The Girl I Used to Be:  This is a quick YA mystery.  It fairly short and I enjoyed it for the most part.  I liked the main character.  The twist was actually a surprise. I think lovers of YA mysteries will enjoy this one.  It's worth giving it a try.

In the Eye of the Storm:  If you are a fan of books where the boss and his assistant fall for each other, you will enjoy this one.  I loved the main characters.  They had great chemistry and I was rooting for them.  It's definitely worth a read.

No comments: