Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Throwback Thursday & Happy Thanksgiving!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I would like to launch Throwback Thursday. Every Thursday, a review of an "older" book, i.e. pre-2005, will be posted. Since I tend to read a lot of not so recently published books, I thought it would be fun to share reviews of some of them with you. Who knows? Maybe you will get re-acquainted with a favorite author or discover a great book that you may have missed. Enjoy!

The first Throwback Thursday book is.....

The Bride
Author: Julie Garwood
First published in 1989 by First Pocketbooks (Simon & Schuster)

From Goodreads:
By edict of the king, the mighty Scottish laird Alec Kincaid must take an English bride. His choice was Jamie, the feisty youngest daughter of Baron Jamison. Alec ached to possess her forever. But Jamie vowed never to surrender to this highland barbarian. Though his kisses fired her blood, shadowed secrets from Alec's past threatened Jamie's happiness. She brazenly resisted him -- until one rapturous moment quelled their clash of wills.


I absolutely loved this book. It was so much fun reading Jamie and Alec's love story. Ms. Garwood created two very likable characters. The romance is believable as they fall in love over time and not over night. There are a few steamy love scenes that made me want to blush. I loved the running joke of Jamie's lack of a sense of direction. There is even a little mystery and I was surprised at who that killer turned out to be. I listened to the audio version of the book and I think that really enhanced my "reading" experience. The narrator did a great job with the voices. I laughed out loud on more than one occasion and I often felt my heart melting. I think this is going to be one of my favorite all time romance novels. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves a good romance. 5 stars!

No comments: