Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Books We Didn't Finish January Edition



The Frozen Dead:  I can't really pinpoint why I didn't like this book.  I think it was the audiobook narrator.  This book takes place in France, so everyone had a french accent.  That's understandable, but it was getting tiresome and at times it was hard to understand.

The Harbinger:  I was really hoping this was going to be an awesome conspiracy theory type book.  Maybe it eventually get there, I don't know. The beginning was all religion and doom and gloom.  It was not very interesting.

Year of Wonders:  This might be a really awesome
book.  The audiobook reader was what did it in for me.  Her voice and accent were awful.  I gave it about 15 minutes and when I realized I was leaning forward and straining to try to understand what she was saying, I decided that was enough of that.




Dept. of Speculation: I didn't get it.  This book got rave reviews.  I couldn't get past the first 10 pages.  It was like a rambling stream of consciousness.  I just didn't get the point.  I thought I was getting some letters from a wife to a husband.  They made no sense.  It wasn't for me.

Big Little Lies: This is the second book that I have tried by this author.  I actually made it through the first one, but really didn't like it.  I tried Big Little Lies, but I hated the characters.  They were annoying and so cliche.  I didn't really care what happened, who died or why. I wasn't willing to finish to the end to find out..  I think I'm done with this author.

In the End: I wanted to like this one, because I enjoyed the first book, In the After.  I made it about halfway through and I gave up.  The main character Amy was so different.  She changed from the smart, bent on survival girl to a TSTL character.  It got tiring and I didn't care how it ended.

Sweet Damage: This one was so boring and frustrating at the same time.  I didn't like the switch between Tim's first person POV to the third person of Anna.  I lost interest about halfway through.

No comments: