Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Always by Lyndsay Sands


Author: Lynsay Sands
First published in 2000 by Leisure books  Reissue by Avon in 2015.

Bastard daughter to the king, Rosamunde was raised in a convent and wholly prepared to take the veil . . . until King Henry declared she would wed Aric, one of his most valiant knights. Suddenly she found herself promising to love, honor, and obey.

Rosamunde's education had not covered a wedding night, but the handsome warrior she was now bound to seemed intent on giving her a lesson in the art of pleasure. In no time, Aric was certain she would surrender to the irresistible passion he promised.

And while Rosamunde's spirited nature often put her at odds with her new husband, his mastery in seduction was quickly melting her resolve—and capturing her heart.


I thoroughly enjoyed Always.  I am a big fan of Lynsay Sands vampire series, but I also love her historical romances.  When I pick up one of her books, I know I'm going to get lots of humor, mayhem and steamy bedroom scenes.  In Always, Rosamunde and Aric are forced to marry after meeting for like 5 minutes.  She thought she was going to become a nun, but her father had other plans for her.  Aric has been burned by love in the past and has no desire to marry ever.  

It was a lot of fun watching these two fall in love.  While the story was a bit longer than it needed to be, I almost didn't mind so much since their interactions made it worth while.  I even liked the mystery. All along,  I had my suspicions as to who was trying to kill Rosamunde and Aric. I was right, but I was wrong about the why,  The book has some wonderful peripheral characters that really enrich the story.  I highly recommend this throwback!

No comments: