Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Throwback Thursday: The Pride of Jared MacKade by Nora Roberts



Author: Nora Roberts
First published in 1995 by Silhouette

Jared MacKade believes in taking a stand, and he never turns his back on a fight. So when his work as an attorney brings him up against Savannah Morningstar, her rude behavior and strong defenses aren't nearly enough to scare him off―quite the opposite. Thoughts of the outrageously direct and sinfully sexy woman keep Jared coming back for more. And the more he gets to know her, the more determined he is to stand by her always.


The Pride of Jared is the second book in the MacKade brothers series.  I was hoping I would like this one more than the first one.  Nope, not even close.  I actually really disliked this book.  I'm not sure I could hate a character more than Savannah.  She was so unlikable.  She was rude, obnoxious and so unbelievably insecure.  I couldn't understand how Jared fell for her.  Maybe it was her ethereal beauty that I was constantly reminded of over and over.  The only slight redeeming quality was the relationship between Jared and Bryan.  Sadly, it wasn't enough to make the story worth recommending.

No comments: