Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

August Mini Musings



Woman in  Shadow  
I thought this was an enjoyable mystery.  It was fast paced and sucked me in.  I liked the main characters.  The only thing I didn't love was the 'romance".  It could have been left out and the story would have been fine. It felt forced to me.  Definitely recommend

A Call to Arms:  This is the fifth book in the Kay Hunter series.  I really enjoyed this one.  Kay has to solve a cold case that could save her colleagues reputation and job.  It was a good solid mystery and one I didn't figure out until Kay did.  If you haven't picked up this series, I highly recommend it.

All I Need
:  This was a cute and funny romance.  I enjoyed Ellie and Walkers fall into love.  I also loved the other characters in the book, especially Miss Polly.  She was hilarious.  Definitely recommend.

The Shadow Club:  I thought this was an OK YA about a group of kids who are tired of being second best and tired of being bullied.  They form a club where they take revenge on those who have wronged them.  I did have some issues with events that took place toward the end of the book.  I kept hoping it wouldn't go the way it did.  I'm not sure if I will read the next one.

The One That Got Away:
  I did think this was a cute friend to lovers romance.  I was rooting for the couple.  However, I did feel a bit of frustration at times.  They really needed to communicate better.  Had they done that, it would have made the entire road trip more enjoyable.  I thought their fight toward the end was a bit over the top.  But it did have a nice HEA.

Custom Made
:  This is the second book in the Fast and Fury  series.  This one is Cam and Orion's story.  I really enjoyed this one.  I loved Cam.  She was tough, yet had a heart of gold.  I loved Orion as well.  I just loved them together.  I also love the other characters in this series. They bring a lot of humor to the books.  I look forward to the next one.

No comments: