Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Books I DNF'd in August



The Disinvited Guest
:  I think I am at a point where I don't want to read books about pandemics.  It is still too fresh in my mind.  So maybe that is the reason I couldn't finish this book.  Or it could be that the characters were awful people and I was bored.  It's a toss up.
When the Moon Turns to Blood:  This is a really sad and fascinating story.  Yet, I was so bored.  I felt like I was in history class for the first few chapters.  I also am not a fan of knowing an author/journalist's obvious political stance by the way it was written.  I don't care what side an author is on.  It gets old after a while and had nothing to do with the case in my opinion.  I'll wait until the trial is over and watch a documentary.


The Retreat
:  After not totally liking the first book, The Sanatorium, I still tried to give the second on a chance.  I had to quit at about 30% in.  There were way too many characters to keep straight.  I didn't like the main character. The book spoils the ending of the first book, so be warned.  This can't be read as a stand alone book. I'm done with this series.


No comments: