Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Books We Didn't Finish -December Issue



When you Disappeared - I really wanted to love this book.  But it was so boring.  I honestly didn't care what happened to Simon and why he left.  I couldn't make it past the first 20%,

Your House is on Fire, Your Children are all Gone -  I'm not even sure why I tried this book.  I think I was lured in by the cover.  The stories that take place in the town were just too disturbing to keep going.  It was weird and made no sense.  I didn't want to continue after the second story.

People Who Eat Darkness - So, I'm not quite sure I would make this a complete DNF as I listened to about 75% of the book.  I thought most of the book was well written and interesting.  Especially the history of hostesses and the club industry in Japan.  However, once the trial began, I started to get bored.  I think there was just too much detail.  I ended up looking up the trial results online instead. 

No comments: