Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stir Until Throughly Confused


Author: Heather Wardell

Mary's given up everything, including an unsatisfying marriage, to become a chef. But the career comes with a side dish: Kegan, her sexy but controlling new boss.

They're soon in a relationship, and in all-too-frequent arguments, and when it becomes clear they can't work together and be together Mary faces a dilemma: keep her dream job or her dream man?


Stir Until Thoroughly Confused is a new story by Heather Wardell. You may have remembered my review of Planning to Live last year. This time around, Ms. Wardell brings us a very endearing romance. It’s not just about a woman who falls for her boss. It is about 2 people who struggle to make changes in their lives and how they help each other along the way. I really enjoyed watching Mary change and grow into a more confident person. I think many women will identify with her struggle to make a new life for herself and figure out who she wants to be. The relationship between her and Kegan was very real. I enjoyed the path that it took and how they started out as friends. Ms. Wardell did an excellent job of capturing the excitement and uncertainty one feels when faced with a new love interest. I loved Kegan and Mary as a couple and I was really rooting for them in the end. After reading this book, I discovered that she has 2 previous books that have some of the same characters. However, I never felt like I was missing any back story. I would definitely recommend this story. Give it a shot; I think you will like it.

--Kari

*note: I read an Advanced Reader’s copy of Stir Until Throughly Confused supplied courtesy of the author. I was not approached or compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

No comments: