Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Mini Musings



Once and Again: I really loved the Star Harbor series, so I was looking forward to reading this first book in a new series by this author.  Unfortunately, it was just an OK book for me.  I just didn't love the story.  I'm a sucker for second chance love stories, but I just couldn't get behind this one.  Too much time had passed and they got back together too quickly for me.  I also felt like there wasn't enough focus on the two main characters, Carolyn and Jake.  The story kept going off in other directions.  I'll probably check out the next one though because I do like this author.

Romancing the Duke:  Not much to say about this one other than it was just OK.  I did like the two main characters. But the story got a little silly in places with the addition of the Moranglians fan club scenario.  It just made it a little weird. I also found myself skimming a lot to get to the end.

The Whispers: This was a random pick from my library.  It's the first in a series of novellas about psychic Eloise Montgomery.  She appears in a few book by Lisa Unger.  I haven't read any of the books this character shows up in. This story is about how she became psychic.  IT was really short and just OK.  Maybe it would have been more enjoyable if I had read some of the full novels.



Eight Hundred Grapes:  This was a cute chick lit kinda book.  Georgia runs away right before her wedding to her family's vineyard only to discover everything she thought she knew about her family was falling apart.  She desperately tries to put it
all back together while her own wedding plans are going awry.  I would recommend this book for those looking for a sweet, light read.

Kissing in America:  This is a fun YA book about a girl that falls in love with a boy that moves across the country.  She convinces her best friend to go on a game show so she can see him and they embark on a cross country bus ride to get there.  It was a funny story that gave me a better appreciation of romance novels.

No comments: