Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Books We Didn't Finish - March Edition


Try Not to Breathe - I tried several times to finish this book.  I even tried to listen to the audiobook.  I just couldn't get past 40%.  The problem for me was that there were too many points of view. It was also kind of boring. It felt like it was taking forever to get to the point.  I also had a hard time connecting with the characters, especially the reporter. It just wasn't for me.

The Dead House - This book was such a mess.  I made it through 2 discs on the audiobook before I gave up.  I think it had great potential to be a good ghost story or psychological thriller, but not both.  I also didn't like the format it was written in. The articles and diary entries got confusing.  It was just kind of all over the place for me.



I didn't finish The Dead House either.  I think I got a little further than Kari but the premise of the book was just really kooky.  The format of the book probably worked a little better in print than in audiobook format.  It was probably a really good idea in theory to have the interviews and the spooky music piped in and all that stuff.  Some audiobooks can do it really well, this one just made it really corny.

1 comment:

Marce said...

I have been considering Try Not to Breathe but wasn't sold yet, so thank you.

I don't do audiobooks but sounds like The Dead House tried to hard possibly.

Always appreciate your feedback.