Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

January Mini Musings



How to Hang a Witch:   This was kind of a mean girls meets the crucible story.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I wasn't a fan of the love triangle.  The whole being in love with a ghost was kind of ridiculous.  I mean Elijah could touch and kiss Samantha, so what was the point of making him a ghost?  I liked the characters enough to want to check out the next one.

The Blumhouse book of Nightmares: The Haunted City:  This is an anthology of horror stories written by screenwriters and actors from Hollywood.  They were given a prompt and total creative freedom in their stories.  I read all of them and honestly, I can't say this was a great set of stories.  None of them were particular scary.  None of them really stood out, except maybe the second one, Valdivia.  That was one kind of disturbing.  There were a few that made no sense to me and were more like a stream of consciousness or a movie pitch idea.  Even Ethan Hawkes story wasn't that great.

Fowl Language: The Struggle is Real:  This is the second collection of hilarious parenting cartoons from the imagination of the author. Seeing these come up on Facebook are often the highlight of my day.  I love these and highly recommend this book for any parent.  I'm sure you will all be able to relate to at least one of them.


No comments: