Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

January Mini Musings



How to Hang a Witch:   This was kind of a mean girls meets the crucible story.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I wasn't a fan of the love triangle.  The whole being in love with a ghost was kind of ridiculous.  I mean Elijah could touch and kiss Samantha, so what was the point of making him a ghost?  I liked the characters enough to want to check out the next one.

The Blumhouse book of Nightmares: The Haunted City:  This is an anthology of horror stories written by screenwriters and actors from Hollywood.  They were given a prompt and total creative freedom in their stories.  I read all of them and honestly, I can't say this was a great set of stories.  None of them were particular scary.  None of them really stood out, except maybe the second one, Valdivia.  That was one kind of disturbing.  There were a few that made no sense to me and were more like a stream of consciousness or a movie pitch idea.  Even Ethan Hawkes story wasn't that great.

Fowl Language: The Struggle is Real This is the second collection of hilarious parenting cartoons from the imagination of the author. Seeing these come up on Facebook are often the highlight of my day.  I love these and highly recommend this book for any parent.  I'm sure you will all be able to relate to at least one of them.


No comments: