Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Books We Didn't Finish February Edition


The View From Rainshadow Bay:  It really made me sad to DNf this one. I am a fan of this author and have loved most of her books.  But this one was weird.  I felt like there was a lack of charterer development.  I was about 30% in and I didn't really have a sense of who was who.  It didn't read like the first in a series for me.  It was also really slow.  I just lost interest.

The Color of Love:  Another one I was sad to DNF.  I have loved this series from the start, but this one was just not good.  Ruby and Peanut felt like they were 80 years old to me, when they are under 45. There was zero chemistry between the two of them.  The whole town felt wrong. It just didn't have the feel of the other books in the series.

Anatomy of a scandal:  I was so bored reading this book. The characters were uninteresting.  I hated James's character the most with his trying to justify his affair.  I just didn't care about any of them enough to get past 15%.

Sleeping Beauties: I think my love affair with Stephen King is slowly coming to an end.  I used to love his books and always named him as a favorite author.  However, the past few books of his that I have read just haven't done it for me. Sleeping Beauties was boring. Really, that is all I can say about it.  It was boring. I made it through about 30% and gave up.

35720337I also tried Sleeping Beauties and didn't really get it.  I was confused about what it was supposed to be about and where the story was trying to go.  I was disappointed and like Kari said I'm kinda losing interest in Stephen King as an author.

Reservoir 13 was just uninteresting to me.  It was about the disappearance of a young girl that was visiting the town.  The story was told from the view point of how it affected the town.  I just didn't care for the storytelling style.  It was hard to keep straight the characters.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Interesting that you both couldn't get through Sleeping Beauties. I've had it on my TBR list since it was published, but now I'm not so sure I should read it!