Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Mini Musings - February Edition


Dirty Talk - This one ended up being an OK read for me.  I normally love second chance romances, but this one was frustrating.  The lack of communication was annoying.  There was too much internal dialogue, especially in the middle of a conversation.  That drives me crazy. The whole man whore thing was kind of cliche and gross. He is hoping to win her back, but still mentions his little black book a few times.  The audio production was pretty good.  I did like the alternating narrators.  But it wasn't enough to make me love it.

Follow Me (Amateurs 2) - This one was slightly better than the first book.  There was more of a mystery.  The characters were slightly more interesting.  They have changed some since the first book so that was a plus.  I did like Maddox and Seneca's relationship.  The book again ends in a cliff hanger, so I'll probably read the third book to see how it all plays out.  Warning: Don't read this one before the first one.  If you do, it will spoil a big reveal in the first book.

Twisted Truth: I enjoyed this novella.  It's a quick story, but packed with a good mystery and a lot of action.  I had not read any of the other stories featuring these characters but it stood up well as a stand alone.  There were a couple of unanswered questions that hopefully the sequel Truth Be Told will clear up. 

No comments: