Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2019

March Mini Musings

 


Werewolf in Manhattan- This was a random audio pick from my library.  I was in the mood for a cheesy supernatural romance.  Boy, did this deliver.  It was a cheesy, cute, and fast paced love story involving a writer and a rich, excuse me, "wealthy" werewolf. The characters were fun and engaging.  Even though it wasn't the best written story I've ever read, I was still entertained.  I enjoyed it enough to try out the next in the series.

The Winter Duchess:  I didn't really care for this one.  While I loved the heroine int he story, I detested the hero.  Eric was so rude and nasty to Caroline for the entire book, except in the bedroom.  I'm not sure how she fell for him.  It must have been all of the orgasms.  I'm not sure Id recommend this one. It's a little longer than a novella so at least it's a quick read.

End Time:   I'm not usually into zombie books, but I ended up enjoying this one.  The book follows several perspectives, both hero and enemy.  What I liked most about this one is it starts from the beginning of the outbreak and highlights the chaos and disbelief of all involved.  None of the characters are perfect and they all make believable mistakes/.  It ends on a cliffhanger, so I'll probably pick up the next one.

The Wicked Wallflower:  I thought this was a cute historical romance.  The characters were fun.  I loved the idea of the inheritance games.  That was the best part of the book.  It allowed the main characters to really get to know each other better.  I was really rooting for this couple. The book has a lot of humor and just put me in a good mood at the end.

No comments: