Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Books I Didn't Finish - March Edition

Three Blind Dates:  I was on the fence about whether or not I wanted to finish this one.  The premise was cute, but by the end of the first date I just didn't care any more.  Noley was just too over the top awkward.  I had a hard time picturing her as a morning talk show host.  After the scene where she gives herself a home perm, I gave up.  No one does that any more, especially someone who has to be on TV every day.  It was a bit too far-fetched to be believable.

Duchess by Design:  I tried to get into this one, but I gave up fairly early on.    It was almost a bit too insta-lovely for me. I wasn't into the potential angst. I didn't care about either of the characters. I also didn't like the setting. I might have liked it more had it taken place in England.

The Kiss Quotient:  This book is being hyped all over the place.  I'm not sure why.  I barely made it past the first 15% of the audiobook.  I thought this would be a cute romance, but it was't  I found myself very uncomfortable with the premise of the main character hiring a man to teach her about sex.  I understand she has aspergers, but it just wasn't realistic.  I also wasn't a fan of the hero feeling he had to do this type of work to make money.  I'm sure the reason shows up later in the book.  I just didn't care to wait it out.

The Suspect: I really enjoyed the first two book in this series.  I was sad when I decided to DNF this one.  I got about 20% of the way in and I was so bored.  I just didn't care about the characters. There were too many perspectives,  I found myself re-reading passages.  It wasn't as tidy and well put together as the others. 

No comments: