Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2020

August Mini Musings



Brave New Earl:  This was a really sweet historical romance.  I loved how both main characters' initial impression of each other was so wrong and changed over time   The other characters in the book were fun and engaging.  This was a great start to the series and I want to continue onto the next book.

The Last Resort:  I ended up with a "meh" feeling at the end of this book.  I almost DNF'd it.  The characters were Al extremely unlikable.  There were a few twists, but not enough to save the book for me.  I don't recommend this one.

Cowboy Trouble:  I thought this was a fun romance.  It hit all of the feel good marks. It also had a lot of fun laugh out loud moments. I did enjoy the main couple.  There is a little mystery, but it was pretty easy to figure out the solution.  It's the first in a series and I do recommend it.

Doom and Broom: This is the second book in the "Spellbound" series.  I enjoyed ti immensely.  Emma is such a fun character.  Even though she is a new witch living in an enchanted town, she comes across as relatable.  I highly recommend this series.

Catherine House:  This book was a complete mess.  I honestly have no idea I don't recommend it.  It was pages and pages of the main character talking about what she was eating, who she was sleeping with, and how much time she spent cutting class.  It made no sense.  The ending made no sense and the "reveal" made no sense.  I don't recommend this one.

Clique Bait;  This is one of the better high school mysteries that I have read recently.  While not perfect, I did like the main character.  I could understand her wanting to get revenge.  But I felt like she learned a lot in the end. I do recommend this one.

No comments: