Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Books I DNF'd in January

 

The Survivor
:  I was really sad to ended up DNFing this book.  I am a big fan of this author and was excited to read this book.  I gave it bout 50% and was really bored to tears.  I kept getting characters confused.  I ended up deciding that I didn't care.  I tried to listen to the audiobook a couple of times, but I was still bored.  I'm not giving up on this author., though.

The Ghost Tree: Um..no.  I'm not interested in reading a book that involves a 14 YO girl doing everything in her power to lose her virginity to an 18YO.  It was gross and made me uncomfortable.  What that has to do with the horror story, I honestly didn't care to find out.

Find Me in Havana:  I wanted to love this one, but I just didn't.  It's based on a true story.  I didn't end up caring for the person the book is about, Estelita Rodriguez.  She was kind of a crappy person and mother.  It just wasn't for me.  I would rather just read about her in a Wikipedia page and move on.


Mistletoe & Mr. Right:  I really liked the first book in this series.  But I just could not get into this second one.  The biggest thing that annoyed me about this book was the people in the town.  I get that they wanted to keep their small town feel.  However, the town was dying without tourism.  Why wouldn't you want to expand and be more welcoming?  Would you rather lose your business?  It was semi-funny in the first book, but it got annoying in this one.  I don't' think I'll read the final book.




No comments: