Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Review: How to Cross a Marquess by Jane Ashford

Author: Jane Ashford
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Date of publication: August 2019

The Marquess of Chatton and his neighbor Fenella Fairclough have known each other all their lives. They refused to marry each other years ago when their parents demanded it, and they won't concede now―even if circumstances have brought these former enemies much closer than they ever could have anticipated... 

How to Cross a Marquess is the third book in the "The Way to a Lord's Heart" series.  It is also the last book I read in 2020.  What a great way to close out the roller-coaster ride that was the last year.   Roger is the third man that Arthur is attempting to help find happiness.  Fenella  is the "girl next door" who vowed to never marry Roger.  She is also the one who everyone seems to blame for Roger's wife's death.

I thought this one was adorable.  It easily works well as a stand alone book.  It's so far my favorite out of the series.  The biggest reason was Roger.  I thought he was so sweet.  I loved his unfiltered way of speaking.  He had a tendency to just blurt out what he was thinking and it was so endearing.  I thought he and Fenella were super cute together.  I enjoyed watching this couple realize they have always loved each other.  There is a little mystery in this. Someone seems to be out to ruin Fenella.  I enjoyed that part as well.  I highly recommend this one.  




No comments: