Pages

Monday, October 4, 2021

Review: Cold as Ice by Toni Anderson

Author: Toni Anderson
Publisher: Toni Anderson
Publication Date: September 2021

Volcanologist Darby O’Roarke survived a terrifying ordeal in the South China Sea, only to find herself framed for murder when she gets home to Alaska. Desperate for help, she calls the one man she can’t get out of her head, FBI Supervisory Special Agent Eban Winters. Can Eban help Darby find the real killer before Darby once again becomes a target?

Cold As Ice takes place after the events of the previous book, Cold Cruel Kiss. Darby, who was in that book is finally moving on with her life and beginning to heal from her ordeal.  After a night out with friends, she wakes up on a friend's couch.  Not remembering anything, she quickly discovers that her friend has been murdered.  Eban may be the only one who can help her find out who is setting her up.  I really had a lot of fun listening to the audiobook for this one.  It was fast paced and kept me engaged.  There are a lot of twists.  I thought I had it figured out but then found out I was so wrong.  I love when that happens. 

I also loved the romance between Ebon and Darby.  I loved how he took his time with her and let her set the pace when they were finally intimate.  Given what she had been through, he was very sweet and patient. I loved that scene.  This story is also a great commentary on how social media and town gossip can get out of hand when it comes to accusations.  It was horrible that way Darby was treated by the townspeople.  Unfortunately, it is a reality that we see all too often these days.  This was a great addition to the series and one I highly recommend.





No comments: