Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Books I DNF'd in January



The Collective
:  I'm not sure what I was thinking when I tried out this book. I started to feel very uncomfortable with the revenge plot. I get the pain that these people were going through, but it doesn't justify revenge for justice.  It's definitely a me thing.  Plus, I found out the ending and I can't stand endings like that one. 

Goblin:    I had high hopes for this one.  I should have given up after reading the beginning chapter that is supposed to tie all of the short stories together.  It's  one that we have seen in movies and books before.  Then, I predicted the endings of the first two short stories.  They were boring and not remotely creepy.  I am definitely done with this author after DNFing this book. It's probably the third one I have given up on since Bird Box.  I guess he is a one hit wonder for me.

The Ex-Husband
:  I don't necessarily have to like a main character to finish a book.  But the main character in this one was so unlikable.  As she recounts the past with her ex-hub and and their schemes,. I started liking her less and less.  Theft is theft.  Nothing justifies it.  I honestly was kind of rooting for her to get caught and pay for her crimes.

No Gods, No Monsters:  I'll be honest, I got 50% of the way through this book and I have no idea what was going on.  I felt like I was in a creative writing exercise where the author was supposed to just free write.  Even with reading some spoiler reviews, I'm still not sure.  

No comments: