Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Books I DNF'd in February




The Swell:  While I really liked Shiver, this author's second book was a DNF for me.  It was really boring.  I didn't like the characters.  I had a hard time buying into some of the choices that the main character made. I don't recommend it.

The Last Invitation:  Once I started this one, I realized I'm not a fan of revenge stories.  I get the outrage from some of the women in the group, but there have to be better ways.  I also thought there were too many characters and I didn't care about any of them.


The Couple at the Table: I finally have come to the conclusion that this author is just not for me.  I haven't been able to finish one of her books in a very long time. This one was just another dull "mystery" that I only made about 25% in. I'm done.

Don't let in the Cold:  In no realistic scenario would parents leave their two teens in a remote cabin alone when a blizzard is starting so in literally an hour.  That kept bothering me while I got through the first 15%.  I could not suspend disbelief.  Then things kept getting thrown at them, like a solar flare, intruders, etc. I didn't care to see if they survived.  


No comments: