Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Review: Single Southern Flirt by Cary Hart

Author: Cary Hart
Publisher: Kindle Unlimited
Publication Date: February 2024

Falling for my brother’s best friend is the last thing I expect to do when I return home to Magnolia Grove, heartbroken and ringless. But catching my fiancĂ©e banging his Harvard grad intern made me rethink my life choices, liked itching my education to play house. No more pretending, and no strings. All I need now is some careless fun while I rebuild my life, one odd job at a time. Single, southern, flirt, Matty Lincoln is the perfect distraction. The professional football player had big dreams, and no back up plan. After a career ending injury lands him back in our hometown, I find myself falling fast and hard for my old crush. Now he’s simultaneously fixing up my house, and my heart, making me feel things I wish I didn’t. And our little rendezvous? Yeah, it’s about to make big waves in our small town

Single Southern Flirt is the first book in the multi-author series set in Magnolia Grove.  It's the second book I have reading the series. This one is Matty and Emmalee's story.  Emmalee has retuned back home to get a fresh start.  Matty is her brother's best friend who is back home trying to figure out what is next after an injury tanks his football career. 

I thought this one was just as sweet as the second book. It is a lot more on the steamy side than the second book.  I loved watching Matty and Emmalee give in to their attraction.  The history that they shared made it easier to be more invested in their HEA.  I also loved that both of them were searching for "what comes next".  Life often throws us curves and we find ourselves trying to figure that out.  One of my favorite scenes was with Matty's high school coach.  I think we all need someone like him in our lives to give us reminders of what we have to offer.  I'm loving the stories set in this town.  I look forward to reading more. I highly recommend this one.



No comments: