Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Recent DNFs

How to Solve Your Own Murder: I could not finish reading this.  I was so bored.  I did not care for the main character.  Almost halfway through, I found I didn't really care what happened or who won the contest for the fortune. I see there are two other books, so I'll assume she won and move on.

Body Count:  It's 2026, why we are writing YA books with the phrases like Slut Cup?  I DNF'd this 2 chapters in.  I have no desire to read about teens in high school having random sex, never mind trying to have as many partners as possible during prom weekend.  Gross and a big nope. Come on Disney...do better.  This should have been a New Adult book centered in college at least.


Shiny Happy People
: I might have finished this one if I could stand being in the head of the main character.  Her anxiety episodes got tiring after a while.  I didn't enjoy being in her head. Also, what adoptive parents just spring an ex-drug addict birth mother on their adoptive daughter and expect it to be all OK?  

One Dark Summer:  This is another one that I had a hard time trying to suspend my disbelief.  Do people's appearance change that much that she wouldn't be recognized by the family? Not remotely believable  I was also really bored.  



No comments: