Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Guy Most Likely to...by Leslie Kelly, Janelle Denison and Julie Leto

Authors: Leslie Kelly, Janelle Denison, & Julie Leto
Publisher: Harlequin
Date of publication: June 26, 2012


"Ever wonder what happened to the guy most likely to...Score with the prom queen?"

"Not date a Playboy Bunny?"


"Ride out of town on a Harley?"


This book was a lot of fun.  Each story is a very quick read.  I enjoyed all three, but not equally. Of the three authors, I have only read books by Janelle Denison.  I know I will be seeking out other works by the other two.


Underneath It All is Leslie Kelly's offering.  I loved Seth and Lauren's story.  Out of the three it was the most believable.   They have a serious history together.  Seth's story of why he left was heartbreaking.  I won't give it away, but it was a pretty valid excuse.  The ending was really sweet. 


Can't Get You Out of My Head by Janelle Denison is the classic story of the geek who becomes wealthy and really hot after high school.  He heads back to the reunion to get the girl of his dreams.  Ali may have given into peer pressure in high school, but it was nice to see she had changed.  She really grew as a person as an adult.  Their HEA was cute.


A Moment Like This by Julie Leto was the one I liked the least.  I didn't really like either of the characters.  I felt like should have been a bit more back story about both Rip and Erica.  I just didn't believe in their meeting and didn't think they would go beyond a hook-up.  Rip seemed like he had more depth to him, but  it wasn't really explored en0ugh to satisfy me.  I didn't buy that he could love her when they really didn't have much of a history.  There wasn't even a HEA.  It was more a HFNish ending.  Had it been a longer story or had some type of epilogue, I might have liked it more.

I definitely recommend this anthology.  The guys are sexy and the love scenes are steamy.  Check it out when it hits the shelves!

No comments: