Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Books I DNF'd in April



Guilt: So the beginning of the book was interesting. The way it was told, the reader isn't sure which twin died and which twin killed her.  Through flashbacks, we find about the relationship between the sisters and the boyfriend.  I was enjoying it until the  cutting was introduced.  At one point, the twin who cuts says her therapist taught her how to do it so no real damage was inflicted.  Yeah, no, that would never happen.  I gave up after that.

My Sister Rosa: I thought I was going to be reading a book about a teenager who thinks his little sister is a psychopath. I'm sure that story line is in there somewhere.  For the two thirds of the book, I read about a seventeen year old who is trying to make friends and get a girlfriend.  The parents where horrible and basically ignored their kids.  The book was a mess.

Forget You Know Me: I think I started this book three times before I finally got about 20% in and gave up.  I was really confused as to what was happening in the book.  No story is worth that much effort.

Night Visitors: This one was just weird and boring at the same time. I could see how the author was trying to go for the creep factor.  It just didn't work for me.  Part of my issue could have been that I was listening on audio and the narrator made the female voices sound the same.  It was hard to figure out who was speaking.  I would have switched to the ebook, but I wasn't interested enough to keep going.

No comments: