Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Review: Act Like It by Lucy parker

Author: Lucy Parker
Publisher: Carina Press
Date of publication: November 2015

This just in: romance takes center stage as West End theatre's Richard Troy steps out with none other than castmate Elaine Graham

Richard Troy used to be the hottest actor in London, but the only thing firing up lately is his temper. We all love to love a bad boy, but Richard's antics have made him Enemy Number One, breaking the hearts of fans across the city.

Have the tides turned? Has English rose Lainie Graham made him into a new man?

Sources say the mismatched pair has been spotted at multiple events, arm in arm and hip to hip. From fits of jealousy to longing looks and heated whispers, onlookers are stunned by this blooming romance.

Could the rumors be right? Could this unlikely romance be the real thing? Or are these gifted stage actors playing us all?


Act Like It is the first book in the London Celebrities series.  The book features two London stage actors who must pretend to be in love in order to save the reputation of the play they are wok ring one.  The problem is that Richard and Laini can't stand each other.  

Normally, I love enemies to lovers stories.  They can be a lot of fun.  I was kind of disappointed when I finished this one.  My biggest issues with the book was the huge lack of chemistry between the two main characters.  Even when they first kissed, there were no sparks.  I did see how they came to like each other as friends, but there was zero spark.  The ending was cute, but for me, it was a stretch.  The other thing I wasn't a fan of was the fade to black love scenes.  The author spent so much time building up the the scene, then it switched to hours later.  I have heard that the later books in the series don't have this issue.

It's not a bad romance.  There were some funny moments and I did like the ending.  I just wanted more from the couple.



No comments: