Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

If I Stay

by Gayle Forman


I read this book in about a day, which is a shame because I got it from interlibrary loan and I had to wait weeks for it. I didn’t know what to expect, I didn’t read anything about it beforehand. I saw an ad for it in Entertainment Weekly and decided I needed to read it. My first impression was that it was a “Lovely Bones” wannabe. It wasn’t bad though, it’s not a bad thing to aspire to be such a grand book. It’s classified as YA and that seems appropriate, but I think the story could appeal to adults. I appreciated the author’s ability to keep it fast paced and not languishing too much in the details. Would I tell everyone to run out and buy it? Maybe, if you had teenagers in the house that would read it as well. Definitely get it from the library, it’s worth the read. It’ll make you think.

No comments: