Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Birthright


Author: Nora Roberts
First Published in 2003 by Putnam

When five-thousand-year-old human bones are found at a construction site in the small town of Woodsboro, the news draws archaeologist Callie Dunbrook out of her sabbatical and into a whirlwind of adventure, danger, and romance.

While overseeing the dig, she must try to make sense of a cloud of death and misfortune that hangs over the project-fueling rumors that the site is cursed. And she must cope with the presence of her irritating-but irresistible-ex-husband, Jake. Furthermore, when a stranger claims to know a secret about her privileged Boston childhood, she is forced to question her own past as well.



I have found another Nora Roberts book to add to my favorites list. Ms. Roberts really knows how to write a story. I loved Callie. Her character is strong, blunt and not needy at all. Callie's struggle to come to terms with major revelations about her life is well written. I really felt for her and the people that these revelations affect. Her ex-husband, Jake is a perfect match for her. Their relationship is fun to watch as they slowly find their way back to each other. After reading this, all I can say is that I want a Jake!

The one thing I also love about NR books are her peripheral characters. They are just as strong and interesting as the main characters. The secondary romance between Lana and Douglas is really warm and just as satisfying.

If you missed this NR, definitely pick it up. I listened to the audio version. The narrator's voice was at first annoying, but it slowly grew on me.

--Kari

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just like you, here's another Nora Roberts' book to add to my TBR pile.
This sounds like a good one.
Mike Draper

PS Stop over at my blog, I'm sponsoring my first book giveaway.