Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Throwback Thursday - The Last Honest Woman

Author: Nora Roberts
First published in 1988 by Silhouette (HQN)

When journalist Dylan Crosby starts digging up the past for the book he's writing about her infamous late husband, Abigail O'Hurley Rockwell is determined that she will do everything possible to keep the family's secrets under lock and key.


The Last Honest Woman is the first in Nora Robert's "O'Hurley Born" series. I know it was recently re-issued in an anthology with the second in the series, Dance the the Piper (which I have not read yet). This early work by Ms. Roberts is a pretty quick read. It's a cute story. I liked Abigail a lot. She is a strong woman who is determined to make a life for her and her sons, since her dead husband left her nothing when he died. Dylan is a journalist who wants to write about her famous husband, Charlie. He goes into the project with a lot of preconceived ideas about Abigail. He gets the surprise of his life when he meets her. I enjoyed their relationship. I loved Abigail's parents and sisters. They really added to the story and give you a good sense of where Abigail came from. I think fans will like this early work.

--Kari

2 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I love the cover. I have a mind to start collecting old covers like this. You get a feel of the hair and clothes. Ha! It would be a fun collection to have.

Kari Boardman said...

I agree. Some of the older covers are so cheesy though. You just have to laugh at them!