Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean

Author: Sarah MacLean
Publisher: Avon
Date of publication: January 2013

Lady Philippa Marbury is odd. The bespectacled, brilliant fourth daughter of the Marquess of Needham and Dolby cares more for books than balls, flora than fashion and science than the season. Nearly engaged to Lord Castleton, Pippa wants to explore the scandalous parts of London she's never seen before marriage. And she knows just who to ask: the tall, charming, quick-witted bookkeeper of The Fallen Angel, London's most notorious and coveted gaming hell, known only as Cross. 

I really liked this sequel to Rogue by Any Other Name (my review).  Phillipa ("Pippa") is Penelope's sister.  She has consented to marry a man she really doesn't love, but because she is honorable, she won't back out.  The issue is that she wants to go into the marriage knowing something about sex before she does.  She tries to recruit Cross to help her in the task. 

I loved Pippa.  She is a scientist through and through.  This make for some very funny scenes.  One of my favorites is when she interviews the "working girl" in The Fallen Angel.  Very funny!  Cross was a good match for her.  He is very intelligent, yet he is a tortured soul who doesn't think he deserves to be happy.  Even though I always know there will be a happy ending, I still find myself rooting for the couple   Especially this one. 

The next book in the series is Temple's story.  I can't wait to read it when it comes out in November!  

No comments: