Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Throwback Thursday: How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks


Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
First published in 2005  by Avon

Roman Draganesti is charming, handsome, rich...he's also a vampire. But this vampire just lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop-sided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan, either. After witnessing a gruesome murder, she's next on the mob's hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral, because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her?



I was excited to try out an older vampire series for Throwback Thursday.  I've never read anything by this author and it seemed to get decent reviews.  I am sad to say that this book ended up being a DNF for me. The book was amusing at times, but the humor just didn't hold up the story for me.  I felt like certain scenes went on for way too long.  For instance, Roman needs his tooth fixed by sunrise, yet it took FOREVER for them to get to the dentist office to fix it.  It was almost like it wasn't that important.  I also didn't buy Shanna finding Roman dead and not being shocked when at sundown he was suddenly alive.  She was a bit clueless.  I got as far as Shanna meeting his harem and I just had to shut it off.  It was getting a little too ridiculous for me.  I also found the book very repetitive.  If Roman said "God's Blood" one more time, I think I was going to scream.  As I said a lot of people liked this one.  I'm just not one of them.

No comments: