Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mini Musings - May Edition

Sometimes we read books, but have no open dates to write up a full review for them.  To remedy this, we present to you a new monthly series: Mini Musings in which we will give you a glimpse into our thoughts on some of these books.



Hard to be Good:   This was a great edition to the series.  I loved being able to read Jeremy and Charlie's story.  They were really cute together. Can't wait to read the final book!

The Art of the Brick: A Life in LEGO: This was a very interesting look at the man behind some of the coolest LEGO art I have ever seen.  It's definitely worth a read, even if you just look at the pictures!

Beautiful Bastard: This one started out shaky, but definitely improved by the end.  I ended up liking Bennett a whole lot. He was a jerk, but I really loved watching him fall for Chloe. Chloe was frustrating with her over reaction tendencies.  This is worth a read and another fan-fiction that turned out better than Fifty Shades of Grey!

Not Quite Dating:  This is the first in an older series from Catherine Bybee.  It was such a cute Cinderella type story.  I loved Jessie and Jack together and was rooting for them the whole time!

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessey:  This is the companion book to The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.  That was one of my favorite books.  This book tells Queenie's side of the story.  It's a sweet, sad story.  I think they're great books to read together.  I highly recommend both.

A Really Awesome Mess:  This one was a bit iffy for me.  It's about a bunch of teens that are in a mental health facility for a variety of issues from anger management to anorexia.  If you've every seen the inside of a mental health facility or witnessed group therapy, you'd know that this book does a poor job of portraying the reality.  However, this book is presented in a cutesy type manner so I don't know how much realism is
actually expected.

Sick:  This was a pretty good addition to the zombie genre.  I always like the "trapped in a high school" story.  This book reminded me a lot of the Quarantine series.  I think if you like those books, you'd like this one.


No comments: