Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

January Mini Musings


Starting Over: I thought this was a cute second chance story.  It's a quick read and worth checking out. Cameron was too cute. Although, I was a little frustrated with Vanessa, I could understand her reluctance to date again. The epilogue made up for that frustration.

The Hidden: The latest in the Krewe of Hunters series (#17) ended up being a fairly good read.  It has a good mystery with a second chance at love story.  I didn't really buy into the love story too much as they kind of got over their issues a little fast for me. The next one comes out in May and I look forward to it.

Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief : After reading Leah Remini's book, Troublemaker, I watched the HBO documentary "Going Clear" that was made after this book was written.  This book expands on that documentary.  It's an interesting insight into the crazy  and often scary world of Scientology.  I highly recommend reading it to anyone curious about the "religion".

See How They Run:  A kind of disappointing sequel to the first book.  It seems to suffer like many second books in series often do with not much in the way of furthering the story arc.  There was not a lot answers to questions left over from the first book.  In the end, I was frustrated by more questions and another big cliffhanger.  Grace was also a lot more whiny in this one.  She finds out that she is a descendant of a secret society of women, but then there is no further training  or information.  I would have liked to see some of that.  I'm hoping #3 is a lot better.




No comments: