Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Authors: Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Date of publication: December 2015

A year ago, Flynn Cormac and Jubilee Chase made the now infamous Avon Broadcast, calling on the galaxy to witness for their planet, and protect them from destruction. Some say Flynn’s a madman, others whisper about conspiracies. Nobody knows the truth. A year before that, Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux were rescued from a terrible shipwreck—now, they live a public life in front of the cameras, and a secret life away from the world’s gaze.

Now, in the center of the universe on the planet of Corinth, all four are about to collide with two new players, who will bring the fight against LaRoux Industries to a head. Gideon Marchant is an eighteen-year-old computer hacker—a whiz kid and an urban warrior. He’ll climb, abseil and worm his way past the best security measures to pull off onsite hacks that others don’t dare touch.

Sofia Quinn has a killer smile, and by the time you’re done noticing it, she’s got you offering up your wallet, your car, and anything else she desires. She holds LaRoux Industries responsible for the mysterious death of her father and is out for revenge at any cost.


I was stalking the library for the final book in this trilogy. I enjoyed the first two book and was hoping this final one would be the perfect ending to the story.  Their Fractured Light was a great conclusion!  While not my favorite of the trilogy, it was still a great read.  I just felt like it was slow to get going.  It also took me a little bit to warm up to Sophie.  But Gideon won me over right away. 

It was hard to figure out how these two fit into the overall story, but once the reveal happens about midway through the book, things make a lot of sense. So just hang in there. The authors were very clever in how they make everything fall into place. I also loved the "whisper" portions at the beginning of  each chapter.  They actually provide a lot of insight to the overall story-line. There is also a very surprising twist of events that really kept me on the edge of my seat during the second half of the book.  The ending was just perfect for the series!

I do have to say that I wouldn't recommend reading this series out of order.  I don't think that this third book holds up as a stand alone book.  You kind of need some of back story or a lot of the events in the later half of the book won't make sense.  I highly recommend this series to any YA reader.  I have definitely enjoyed the journey.

No comments: