Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2017

2 in 1: Christmas Novellas

Merry Christmas Baby by Katie Reus (KR Press, January 2016) 

Merry Christmas Baby was a really cute story involving Nora and Jackson.  It's the first in the O'Connor Family Series.  I reviewed the fourth book last week.  I enjoyed this one. I loved that Jackson and Nora were friends first.  Despite getting cold feet, Jackson realized quickly that Nora was it for him and begs for a second chance.  I found myself rooting tor the couple. 

I never felt like this one was rushed as I often do in novellas.  They had a good amount of friendship behind them before making the leap to lovers.  Aside from the romance, Nora's relationship with her sister was endearing.  It's a great short story to help get you in the mood for the upcoming holidays.  I definitely want to read the rest of the books in the series.


A White Hot Christmas by Rene Webb (CreateSpace September 2016)

White Hot Christmas is a short novella about a love at first sight relationship.  Although, I would probably call it more of a lust at first sight romance.  I didn't really care for this one.  The relationship happened WAY too fast for me.  June and Tom went from having a rude encounter to saying hi the next day to making out in a dressing room later that afternoon.  Then onto sex that night with Tom topping it off by asking her to move in with him when they get back to Orlando. 

I do sometimes enjoy whirlwind romances, but this one was a bit over the top.  I felt like Tom got really possessive of June really quickly.  How do you agree to move in with someone you just met?   The couple did have chemistry, but I didn't feel like I got to know them at all. It's a quick read, but it just wasn't for me.



No comments: