Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

November Mini Musings



Dirty: I liked this and I didn't.  I really wasn't sold on the quick way the love was declared after the span of a week.  That was WAY too fast for me.  However, I found a lot of the story funny and amusing

Twist: I liked this one a bit more than the first one, but not by much  Even with the misunderstanding, I felt like the two main characters at least got to know one another through e-mail.  However, the rest of the story was kind of boring.  Alex ended up being a pathetic doormat. Joe was an jerk  The arrival and controversy with the ex-girlfriend was kind of unnecessary. I was also disappointed in what happened to one of the characters after the accident.  It felt like a cop-out to get away from controversy in the next book.

Save a Truck, Ride a Cowboy:  This was a cute novella.  Fairly clean in its heat level.  The frustrating thing about it was the lack of "on page" time that the two main characters had together. I would have bought their second chance HFN ending a bit more.   The rest of the characters were hilarious though.  This one really sets the scene for a new series by the author.

No comments: