Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Books We Didn't Finish - May Edition



Unbury Carol:  I loved  Birdbox. It was really spooky.   I hated Unbury Carol. It wasn't spooky. When I love a book, I end up having high expectations for the other books that an author puts out.  This is the second book I picked up by him and the first I have DNF'd.  This one was just bad.  It was so boring.  I didn't care about the characters, not even Carol.  I gave it about 40% and gave up.


The Girl in the Moon:  I gave this one about 10%. I am all for vigilante stories.  I can justify and get behind a character who takes matters into her own hands.  However, I couldn't get behind this character.  The way she "took out" her first killer in the beginning was too intense and bordered on sadistic.  Talk about overkill.  It was almost like she enjoyed it.  It was way too violent for me.

The Girl in Time Square: This was another unbelievably boring book. I found the beginning confusing and dull.  At this point, I couldn't even tell you what the book was about.  Given its length, I wasn't up to investing the time to finish it.

Dreadful Young Ladies and Other Stories: I tried the first two stories and didn't care for them.  They were weird and uninteresting.  I had no desire to read any of the other ones in the book.

No comments: