Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Until We Fall by Jessica Scott

Author: Jessica Scott
Publisher: Self
Date of publication: April 2018

The darkness never forgets… 
Caleb Gregory has spent ten years hiding in the dark, refusing to speak about the night his young life was destroyed. In his anger and his rage, he drank and fought until he drove everyone away until he had no one left. 

The light casts a long shadow… 

Nalini King has devoted her post army life to her passion: using yoga to heal her fellow soldiers. In doing so, she’s worked to forget the night her life burned down around her. 

An unexpected storm… 
When a storm forces them into the darkness together, these two wounded souls must face the demons of their past. 

Because it is only in the darkest night that we can truly see the light. 


Until We Fall is the fifth book in the "falling" series.  It's also the one I have been looking forward to the most.  Caleb has popped up in the previous books and has always intrigued me.  I can't even find the words to tell you how much I loved this story.  This author has a real talent for making me FEEL when I read her stories.  This book is no exception.  It's messy, gut wrenching and exhausting.  IT's also sweet, sexy and hopeful.  After finishing, I felt like I had been put through the wringer but had hope at the same time. 

I don't want to give away too much of Caleb and Nalini's story.  I really think you need to experience it for yourself.  I found myself rooting for Caleb. Honestly with or without Nalini, I wanted him to succeed.  What I loved most was the author didn't sugar coat the struggle that he went through every minute of his day.  The book works fine as a stand alone. The entire series is wonderful, but this one was my favorite.  I highly recommend reading it. 

No comments: