Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

October Mini Musings



A Haunting on Bloodgood Row:  The think the second book in this series is still my favorite.  However, this third book was a good creepy read set in a series of haunted apartment buildings.  I would definitely read the first two books before this one   The readers learn  more about the characters as well as more about what happened to Cassidy's sister.  The dynamics are also changing in the group. I will be continuing on with the series.

Unbreak My Heart: This was just an OK romance.  I thought the couple was kind of boring.  I didn't feel the heat between the characters.  Honestly, I thought their love scenes were really dull.  Maybe that was the lack of enthusiasm coming from the narrators of the audiobook.  The ending was cute, but it wasn't enough to make up for the rest of the story.  Nothing really happened and the conflict between the two was unnecessary and easily cleared up through one conversation.

Make Me Lose: I really enjoyed this enemies to lovers story.   There was definitely a lot of attraction between this couple. I also loved their banter and their friendship.  I was rooting for Grayson to realize that he his hometown is where is heart would be at home.  Definitely recommend this one.

Love in the Stacks: This is a short office romance novella.  I didn't love the couple.  I didn't think they were very well matched.  Maybe if it had been longer I could have gotten to know the characters better and would have liked them more.  Not sure I would recommend this one.

A Share in Death: This is the first book in the Duncan Kincaid & Gemma James series.  It's a very much a first book in a series.  It sets up the characters well enough to suck you in and want to get to know them better.   I thought the mystery was very well fleshed out.  I definitely want to continue with the series.

Echo Killing:  This was a random library pick. I thought it was just OK.  The main character was a reporter who wasn't too bright.  She kept doing really stupid things.  The ending was predictable.  Also, is it really a rule that a cop can't date a reporter?  That seemed like a dumb rule.  Not sure if I will continue with the series.

Cold Hearted Rake:  This is the first in a series about the Ravenel family.  Despite hating the hero in the beginning, I did end up enjoying the romance.  He kind of had to grow on me.  I did like the banter between the couple.  I am more intrigued to read the rest of the series to see how the sisters end up.  They were all hysterical.

House of Ghosts:  Skip this one.  It was so boring. I think I started it 3 times.  I kept waiting for it to gt better.  In the end I'm not even really sure what the book was about.  I was so confused right through to the end.  I think it tried to be too many things at once. I wouldn't recommend it.

No comments: