Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2020

February DNFs




The Kissing Game:  I thought this was a new series that was unrelated to other series by this author.  But no, it's just an extension of two of her previou series.  Because of that, there are so many characters with back stories that kept showing up.  I felt like I should know them.  I was also put off by the very cliche stereotypical way Axel (who is from Germany) was portrayed. Rena and Axel were also so boring.  I really didn't care if they got together or not.

Grit:  I guess the first book in this series is going to be the only one that I ended up reading and liking,  I was really looking forward to this one.  But again, the couple turned out to be to be kind of boring.  So boring that the angst they went through was boring.  I felt more tension between them in the other two books that they were barely in.  Read the first one and skip the rest.


Pretty Pretty Boys: I had heard good things about this series. However, I ended up not liking the main detective.  The main detective was so hot and cold with his partner.  It got tiring.   I also didn't really understand what the mystery was supposed to be.  I was really lost, so I gave up.

The Tenth Girl:  Again, this was another confusing book.  I didn't make it in very far and I knew it wasn't going to be for me.  There is a perspective from a ghost.  I'm not a fan of that trope, so I gave up.

Curious Toys:  My librarian recommended this one to me.  I'm not sure what she read, but I got 2 discs in and had no idea what was going on.  I went back and restarted it twice and was still lost.  Life is too short.

Clear My Name:  I was really into this book until the author introduced a plot point that I hate.  One of the main characters is having an affair with a married co-worker.  All of their other co-workers know it's going on and just choose to look the other way.  They don't "talk about his wife".  Nope.  I can't like a main character who behaves like that.  It ruined the story for me.

No comments: