Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

January Mini Musings


The Wives:  I was really looking forward to reading some great psychological thrillers this year.  Unfortunately, The Wives is not going to make the "great" list.  I was a little underwhelmed by this one.  I predicted what was really going on, although the ending was a little bit of a surprise.  However, overall it's OK.  It's worth trying out, but it wasn't exactly thrilling.

The Whisper Man:  This book ended up not being what I was expecting.   I found the story a bit confusing at times to follow.  There are multiple perspectives and I think that was not to its benefit.  I did almost DNF the book and probably should have.  The characters weren't interesting and I was frankly kind of bored. 

Ghost Wall:  I've had this on my TBR for a long time.  It was really weird and I didn't love it.  If you aren't into stories about child and spousal abuse, then I don't recommend reading this one.  It's a short read and that is about all I can say that it had going for it.  I did like the ending though.  It was nice to see a little justice.

Tanner's Promise:  I really enjoyed this cute romance.  I loved watching Tanner slowly realize that the town liked him and that he was worthy of love and had the ability raise his little sister.  Francie and Tanner were really cute together and I was rooting for them.  I also loved the relationship between Tanner and his little sister.  It was really sweet.  I highly recommend his one and want to read the others in the series.

Whiteout: I ended up really enjoying this romantic suspense.  I'm a fan of snow, but after reading this, I know I would not want to be out in THAT much snow.  The author did a great job of creating a cold and claustrophobic  atmosphere.  I liked the characters and the espionage part.  This is a the start of a new series and the epilogue ends in a cliffhanger, so I definitely want to read the next book.

May the Best Man Win:  This was an enjoyable frenemies to lovers story that takes place over several months of weddings.  The push and pull and angst between the couple did go on a bit too long.  But I enjoyed the banter between the couple and was rooting for them  The epilogue was really funny.  I want to read the next one.


No comments: