Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

February Mini Musings



Rewind:  I almost DNf'd this one. I will admit, the beginning was a little confusing and I started it two times before finishing it.  I am really glad I did.  it ended up being a really good mystery with lots of twists,  turns and red herrings.  It toggles between past and present to tell the story. The characters were interesting and memorable.  I highly recommend his one.

The Chill:  This ended up being kind of a disappointment.  I wanted to love this one.  However, it reminded me of the more recent Stephen king books that I have read: promising synopsis only to fail on execution.  The premise was amazing and it had great potential.  It just never got off the ground for me.  Honestly, I was kind of bored.  I wanted to be scared and I just never was.  The big "moment" at the end was anti-climatic and I swear if you blink, you will miss it.  This is the first book I have read by this author.  I will give him another shot in the future.
Hand on the Wall:  I'm not sure I loved this last book of the trilogy.  It did wrap up the mysteries nicely.  But I did find this a little confusing initially because it had been a year since I read the last one. I wouldn't recommend reading this one out of order because it will spoil the other two books for you. I enjoyed it.  I honestly don't have much more to say about it.  Overall, the series is fun and I do recommend it.

Hidden:  This was a really fun romantic suspense.  It does deal with a cult, so it is a serious issue.  That part wasn't fun.  However, I loved the characters.  The team that was put together were full of interesting people.  They all have quirks and are damaged.  Wolf by far is my favorite of the bunch.  Not to mention Rosco the dog.  The main couple was so good together and I loved their journey.  I highly recommend this one.


No comments: