Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Review: Rebel Heir & Rebel Heart by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward


Authors: Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward
Publication dates:  April & May 2018

How to kick off a great summer in the Hamptons:


Snag a gorgeous rental on the beach. Check.

Get a job at a trendy summer haunt. Check.

How to screw up a great summer in the Hamptons:

Fall for the one guy with a dark leather jacket, scruff on his face, and intense eyes that doesn’t fit in with the rest of the tony looking crowd. A guy you can’t have when you’ll be leaving at the end of the season.  Check. Check. Check.

I wasn't supposed to fall for the rebel heir, especially when he made it clear he didn’t want to cross the line with me.  As the temperature turned cooler, the nights became hotter. My summer became a lot more interesting—and complicated.   All good things must come to an end, right?

Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.



Rebel Heir (Book 1) and Rebel Heart (Book 2) make up the "Rush Duet".  It involves Gia and Rush and their summer romance.  This is a duet however, I don't feel like each one can be read as a stand alone.  The second book will spoil you for the first book.  Taken as a whole story, I did enjoy it.  I really like Gia and Rush together.  Their relationship was intense, but believable.  

I feel like this could have been condensed down into one book.  I loved the first book and picked up the second one right after. While I liked the overall ending, I wasn't a big fan of the second book.  The conflict and angst was a bit over the top and it dragged on for far too long.  Half of that book could have been cut out and the rest tacked onto the first one.  Having said that, I still would recommend the duet,  just brace yourself for lots of angst.


No comments: