Pages

Friday, February 26, 2021

Books I DNF'd in February



The Project:  I was really looking forward to this one.  I enjoyed Sadie.  Unfortunately, I found this one really boring. I stopped at about 50%.  The present and past perspectives did nothing to hold my intertest. There was no suspense or anything thrilling.  This one was a pass for me. I'd rather watch a show or read a book about an actual cult instead.


Before the Ruins:  I got about 30% into the audiobook and realized I had no idea what was going on.  I had zoned out.  So I started it over again.  It wasn't any better.  I was bored and didn't care about any of the characters. Another pass for me.

The Initial Insult:  This isn't what I thought it was going to be.  I didn't like any of the characters. Neither of the main female characters were likable.  In fact I kind of hated them.  I didn't care to see how it ended.


And Now She's Gone
:  Given that I really hated the only other book that I have read by this author. I shouldn't have been surprised that I ended up DNF'ing this book.  I didn't like the perspective shifts in the book.  There was no smooth transition between them and kept getting confused.  I didn't care for the narrator of the audiobook.  I think this author just isn't for me.

No comments: