Pages

Monday, February 7, 2022

Review: Win Lose Kill Die by Cynthia Murphy

Author: Cynthia Murphy
Publisher: Scholastic
Date of publication: January 2022

The students at Morton Academy are high-achievers, selected based on academic excellence. So when a series of murders target the school's brightest and best, the pressure is on. Someone is determined to stop at nothing to clear their path to the top. But who is it? And can they be stopped?

A high-school slasher with a lethal twist. Perfect for fans of Karen McManus, Holly Jackson and Gossip Girl.

Win Lose Kill Die is the second book out by this author.   It takes place as a private school where the best and the brightest are groomed for greatness.  One of the best positions in the school is Head Girl.  That position opens all of the doors to the top.  The problem is that someone keeps killing anyone who assumes that position.  

I have to say that I really enjoyed this YA mystery. It was unpredictable and kept me on my toes.  I thought it was going in a  certain direction, but I was way off.  That ending was a complete surprise.  I loved it!  I enjoyed all of the characters.  I also loved that no one was safe.  The private school setting with a secret society set a great creepy atmosphere.  I won't talk to much more because I don't want to spoil anything.  I highly recommend this one. 



No comments: