Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

February Mini Musings (6 Mini reviews)




Lightning in a Mirror
:  This is the final book in the Fogg Lake series.   It was fine as the last book in a trilogy. It wasn't my favorite of the series.  There were a lot of answers and a nice wrap up.  But I wasn't that excited about the couple.  They were kind of boring and didn't really have any chemistry.  AS a whole though, I do recommend this trilogy.

House 23: This book was just OK.  It was kind of a mixed bag.  I was bored, yet intrigued enough to see what was going to happen.  It was more violent than I was expecting.  I did like the ending, so there it that.  I'm not sure I would really recommend it though.

I Temporarily Do
:  I thought his one was really adorable.  It's a friends to lovers/ marriage of convenience story.  I loved both Emmy and Beckett.  It was just so much fun watching them realize they really loved each other.  I definitely recommend this one.

Spell's Bells:  This one is the third book in the series. I am really enjoying this series.  Emma Hart is a funny and smart character.  I am loving her growing friendships with the people in the town.  We get to learn a little more about her coven in this one.  This is just a really fun light-hearted series and one I highly recommend.

Halfmoon Ridge
:  I really did not like this book.  It was way too long. There were things that happened that were just ignored.  The main character is assaulted and almost raped twice.  She has clear PTSD and it is never taken care of.  She claims not know what a panic attack is and is perplexed that she keeps having them.  Really?  It's 2022.  Who hasn't heard of panic attacks. Once she gets her man, it's all forgotten. The romance was non-existent.  The hero was a jerk to her through most of the book and then all of a sudden he admits he loves her? I don't recommend this one.

Horror Hotel:  This one was Ok.  I was hoping for more of a spooky ghost story. But I didn't get that.  I predicted the murderer fairly early on.  The characters were kind of generic. The ending satisfying, but predictable.

No comments: