Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

August Mini Musings



The Fire Thief:  This is the first book in a new to me series.  It takes place in Hawaii.  I liked the main character.  I feel like I could continue with the series as long as she is the protagonist.  The mystery was solid.  I would recommend this one.

Guilty Pleasures:  This is also the first in the "Guilty" series.  It was OK.  I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it.  Honestly, I wasn't sure really how the hero fell for the heroine.  Or vice versa.  He was kind of an ass to her most of the time.  And she only seemed to be attracted to his looks.  I'm not sure if I'll continue with the series.

The Woman in the Library:  I thought this was a good twisty msytery.  I was definitely kept guessing.  However, I didn't really love any of the characters. The beta reader letters were weird and I'm not sure I loved that part of the book.  The ending also kind of ruined things for me. I detest ambiguous endings.  I would have been a lot happier had I not read that last scene.

A Very Mountain Man Halloween:  If you are good with very insta-love short stories with super alpha males, then this is for  you.  I liked it about as much as the first one...it was fine.  It was a quick read so there is that.


No comments: